• Are You Thinking About Getting Divorced?

    Know what you can expect during the divorce process and find out how our firm can help.

    The Divorce Process
  • Are You in the Middle of Your Divorce Right Now?

    We offer a "second opinion service".

    Want a Second Opinion?
  • Are You Divorced Yet You Still Have Problems?

    We help divorced people who are still having divorce-related problems.

    How We Can Help You
  • Free Case Evaluation

    Get advice from an experienced family lawyer who can help find a long-term solution for you.

    Contact Us Now

Breaking News: New Jersey Bill Giving Judges More Discretion in Child Support Cases Moves Forward in New Jersey Senate

Posted by Steven J. Kaplan, Esq. on December 17, 2013

Silly Photos-12.jpg

To those people who pay child support and feel that they are paying it for too long a period of time, based upon the child's reaching age 18 or other emancipation events: keep an eye on New Jersey Bill S-1567. Yesterday this bill advanced through the New Jersey Senate Judiciary Committee and will be considered by the full New Jersey Senate.

To me, one of the most significant and necessary provisions of this bill is the requirement that child support can be terminated by statute if a child fails to provide the parents with copies of grades and or college transcripts.

I will continue to keep readers of this blog posted as to any developments in this regard.



Topics: Child Support

Subscribe to Email Updates

Recent Posts